20+ Magical Watercolor Techniques
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn over 20 magical watercolor techniques to add new life to your watercolor paintings.
- There is no experience necessary.
Hi, I'm Kimma Smith ~ I’m a self-taught artist and am head-over-heels in love with watercolor.
I'm inspired by nature, color, and watercolor itself. Watercolor does enchanting things all on it’s on. Truly magical things happen by simply dropping watercolor into other wet colors or just dropping color into a clear wet spot on watercolor paper, and letting the watercolor do its thing. Adding splashes of water and sprinkles of salt do spellbinding things, causing blooms of magic to appear before your eyes.
As I’m sure you can tell, watercolor has captured my heart and soul. It never fails to engage my mind and delight my inner child.
Besides making art...
My other creative passions are music and writing. I play the classic (silver) flute and Native American flutes. I'm also teaching myself to play the ukulele.
- Beginner to advanced
- Artists who are curious about all the exciting things you can do with watercolor and other supplies, like sand paper, nail polish remover, and salt, to name just a few.
Come along with me on an adventurous journey as we become explorers with our watercolors and learn all kinall kinds of fun and easy techniques that produce magical effects!
After we create our two sheets full of fabulous watercolor techniques, we’ll take it a step further and make some super easy, loose and beautiful florals and use 1-2 of our favorite techniques on each so that we actually get to see what these techniques will look like on a real painting project.
This class is for all skill levels. No prior experience is necessary. This class is for you if you’re curious about trying some new and exciting watercolor techniques to expand your skills and widen the variety of techniques to use in your own paintings.
If watercolor weren’t mesmerizing enough on its own, just wait until you see the magical wonders that appear when you combine it with all sorts of fun and out of the ordinary supplies!
There are three class projects for you to enjoy:
1. Create 2 pages of watercolor techniques, notating each one
2. Go through all the techniques and pick several of your favorites that you would like to use on some simple, loose florals.
3. Create some simple, loose florals using some of your favorite techniques.
I can't wait to see your projects! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to leave them here in the class community, or you can email me privately at this email: email@example.com .