1Z0-071 Oracle Database SQL Developer: Certified Associate
- 19 hours on-demand video
- 28 articles
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create tables in a database and ALTER columns in the table.
- Know what data type to use in various situations, and use functions to manipulate date, number and string data values.
- Retrieve data using SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY.
- JOIN two or more tables together, finding missing data.
- INSERT new data, UPDATE and DELETE existing data, and export data into a new table.
- Create constraints, views and sequences, subqueries and CTEs
- Use UNION, CASE, MERGE and error checking
- Apply ranking and analytic functions, grouping
- Learn about transactions, indexes, users, privileges, roles and more
- You need to know how to use a computer, and hopefully know how to use a spreadsheet.
- No prior knowledge of Oracle SQL Database or any other database required - although the more knowledge you do have, the better.
- Oracle SQL Database cannot easily be installed on the Mac OS. If you wish to install it on a Mac, you will need either to dual boot into Windows or be running Parallel Desktop.
- You don't even need Oracle SQL Database installed - I'll show you have to install it on your computer for free!
- There is a 30-day money back guarantee of this Udemy course.
- Why not have a look at the curriculum below and see what you can learn?
This course is the foundation for the Oracle Database SQL 1Z0-071 certification. It covers the SELECT statement in detail, with additional requirements for controlling user access. It is divided into 6 sessions, each of which should take a morning or afternoon to complete.
We'll install for free Oracle Express Edition and Oracle SQL Developer. Then we'll take a look at the 6 principal clauses of the SELECT statement: SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY.
Then we'll start creating tables, but find that we can't get very far without understanding data types. We'll then look at string, date and number types and functions, together with looking at functions converting between them.
We'll revisit the SELECT statement and go into more detail. We'll create tables and JOIN them together. Once you have finished this session, you should be secure in your knowledge of the 6 principal clauses of the SELECT statement, the most important part of Oracle SQL.
In session 3, we'll looking for missing data, and find out how to delete and update data. We'll look at the difference between implicit and explicit transactions, and various constraints, including primary and foreign keys.
We'll start off by saving our queries in views. Then we'll combine tables, not by adding additional columns using JOINS, but adding additional rows such Oracle SQL set operators such as UNION, INTERSECT and MERGE. Then we'll look at analytical functions using the OVER clause.
Session 5 starts off by adding totals to our SELECT queries. We'll then look at subqueries, and how you can add them into the FROM, SELECT and WHERE clauses, and also into the WITH clause. Finally, we'll look at Oracle SQL self-joins, which are useful when you have hierarchies.
Session 6 starts off with two additional data types, TIME ZONE and INTERVAL data types and functions. We'll then have a look at SEQUENCEs and INDEXes, together with how these are shown in the Data Dictionary. We'll then create new users, and assign privileges and roles to them, and we'll finish with the last few requirements for the exam.
No prior knowledge is required - we'll even install Oracle Database and Oracle SQL Developer on your computer for free!
Once finished, you will know what how to manipulate numbers, strings and dates, and create database and tables, create tables, insert data and create analyses, and have an appreciation of how they can all be used in Oracle SQL.
- This SQL course is meant for you, if you have not used Oracle SQL Database much (or at all), and want to learn SQL.
- This course is also for you if you want a refresher on SQL. However, no prior Oracle SQL Database knowledge is required.