(Oxford Diploma) Scriptwriting : 16 hours; 16 screenplays!
What you'll learn
- Screenwriting - under pressure!
- Writing a screenplay within an hour of being given a prompt
- The prompt is given and discussed - in real time
- The screenplay written in response to the prompt is then discussed
- Screenplays are included in the course
1. I take a RANDOM UNSEEN prompt
2. I then brainstorm it in real time - less than 5 minutes. You see me do this
3. The lecture stops and I go and write the Screenplay. Total time maximum: ONE HOUR
4. The second part of the lecture is where I discuss my screenplay
5. There are 16 screenplays with this course so ideally the course lasts 16 days
6. You are encouraged to put your ideas for the prompt in the Q/A. Discussion is key! The more you participate the better the course.
So, what does the student get out of this course?
1. SIXTEEN prompts + discussion (optional)
2. Seeing the end result (as a resource/attached document)
3. Discussion with the writer (Instructor) about WHY that screenplay
4. Opportunity (Q/A) to put own brainstorming and invite comments
5. Encouragement throughout from a very involved Instructor
In general, because of time constraints (1 hour from idea to screenplay) the film is 10-15 minutes long. The Instructor has either produced or directed or acted in over 100 films. He is in Equity, on Spotlight and Starnow.
So this course - this CHALLENGE - is ideal for someone new to screenwriting or just wants the discipline of writing 16 scripts in 16 hours in 16 days!
Who this course is for:
- Those who like a challenge!
- People who have a passion for making their own movies
- People thinking of (or are already) enrolling on a screenwriting course at college
- People who want to work alongside an Instructor
I currently volunteer for:
Different Strokes (Stroke charity) - Ambassador
Age UK - running a book club
NHS - Culture liaison
NHS - interview panels
Sport in Mind - Support
Multiple Sclerosis - Support Worker
Trinity Learning - - visit Primary Schools
Oxford Recovery College - tutor
Horton Hospital - Hospital radio
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.