150 Rock Guitar Licks You MUST Know
What you'll learn
- Play a wealth of great classic rock and blues/rock licks in a variety of keys.
- Incorporate these licks into your own solos and compositions.
- Greatly improve your soloing and phrasing vocabulary.
- Improve your general musicality.
- All you need in order to begin is an electric guitar, an amplifier, a pick and a desire to learn.
- We do however recommend taking our Complete Foundation Course which will give you the skills to tackle this course.
The title says it all. Almost 5 hours of tuition, full of fantastic classic rock and blues licks to add to your arsenal, taught by top UK session guitarist, Bobby Harrison.
You will have heard some of these licks on many a famous rock anthem. Now you can learn how to play them! We break down and explain in detail all of the tricks used to play a vast amount of licks. These licks form the foundation of most blues/rock-based guitar playing, so the techniques you’ll learn here will prove invaluable for creating new ideas and solos.
Who this course is for:
- Some prior experience of the electric guitar is required i.e. at least a basic grasp of chords and scales.
- This course has something for players of all levels. The beginner and intermediate player will find many great, useable licks.
- These licks start out fairly simple, but become progressively more advanced. However, there isn't anything here that's out of the reaches of the intermediate player and any lick can be perfected with regular practice.
- The advanced player will also find a variety of useful and melodic licks and bluesy ideas.
FretHub is a fresh and comprehensive collection of online guitar lessons, offering hundreds of hours of video tuition, from two highly qualified and respected teachers with over 50 years of combined professional experience.
As session guitarists, between us, we have played alongside artists such as Queen's Brian May, Alice Cooper, Cliff Richard, Olivia Newton-John, Tony Hadley and Gabrielle. As tutors, we have taught thousands of students worldwide.
Our guitar lessons are taught in a down-to-earth manner and presented in a logical and progressive order, providing the consistency and familiarity you get from taking guitar lessons with a private tutor.
Our aim is to give you a solid foundation and equip you with the necessary tools to learn, recognise and employ the guitar techniques and tricks that are used in the making of the music you love.
From beginners through to advanced players, FretHub has everything you need to help you become the guitarist you've always wanted to be.
To tab or not to tab...that is a question! When we started FretHub, we opted not to provide tab in favour of breaking everything down very thoroughly in a note-for-note fashion. This is how we learned to play and we feel that it’s ultimately an easier way of memorising and internalising ideas, visualising patterns on the neck and training the ear. Our method is traditional guitar teaching, much like having an instructor sitting right in front of you, rather than creating a disconnect by playing a lick or phrase once, before referring you to the tab. As both of us have reached the highest level within our industry without the aid of tab (which didn't even exist when we were learning), we feel we are the best equipped and most qualified to provide our solid and successful teaching method. Many members of our website now play in bands, having never played before they joined FretHub.
We sincerely hope you enjoy our courses as much as we did making them.