13 Creepy Creations for guitar
What you'll learn
- Play 13 gothic guitar pieces
- Identify minor family scales and modes
- use diminished scales and chords in progressions
- play some finger style guitar
- basic to intermediate guitar skills
- Basic knowledge of chords and scales
- Basic understanding of how to read tablature or standard notation
"13 Creepy Creations for Guitar" is a course designed to teach the aspiring guitarist to use minor family chords, scales and modes to create dark, haunting, gothic guitar parts. In this course, students will learn what differentiates a minor scale and other minor family scales and modes such as the Locrian mode, Phrygian mode, Harmonic minor scale and the diminished scale. Students will also learn basic finger style guitar as well as pick techniques such as palm muting and alternate picking. By the end of this course, the student will have a solid understanding of creating riffs and chord progressions that chill the listeners spine.
Who this course is for:
- Rock, Metal and Classical guitar students looking for dark, gothic guitar parts to play and learn from
- Guitar teachers looking for Halloween recital pieces
I hold a degree in Music Education from WSCC. I have been teaching guitar, drum set, piano and bass for over 15 years. Former students of mine have gone on to earn music degrees from ETSU, MTSU and Guitar Institute. I have composed and produced 2 full length albums and 2 EPs. I compose and arrange sheet music for SMP press and I am a member of ASCAP. My music school, RTSM (Round Table School of Music) has performed countless concert/ recitals over the last decade with enormous positive feedback.