13 Creepy Creations for guitar
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play 13 gothic guitar pieces
- Identify minor family scales and modes
- use diminished scales and chords in progressions
- play some finger style guitar
- basic to intermediate guitar skills
- Basic knowledge of chords and scales
- Basic understanding of how to read tablature or standard notation
"13 Creepy Creations for Guitar" is a course designed to teach the aspiring guitarist to use minor family chords, scales and modes to create dark, haunting, gothic guitar parts. In this course, students will learn what differentiates a minor scale and other minor family scales and modes such as the Locrian mode, Phrygian mode, Harmonic minor scale and the diminished scale. Students will also learn basic finger style guitar as well as pick techniques such as palm muting and alternate picking. By the end of this course, the student will have a solid understanding of creating riffs and chord progressions that chill the listeners spine.
- Rock, Metal and Classical guitar students looking for dark, gothic guitar parts to play and learn from
- Guitar teachers looking for Halloween recital pieces
The purpose of this lesson is to prepare the student to play "Enter if you Dare". Upon completion of this lesson, the student will have basic knowledge of the Eminor and A minor scales as well as E and A Locrian modes. The student will also begin to understand chord construction and how to build progressions based on scales and modes.
This lesson is designed to prepare the student to play "Dusk". Upon completion of this lesson, the student will be able to use G minor and C minor triads as well as using a diminished chord in a chromatic, descending walk. The student is also introduced to tempo variation via "rit." and "a tempo".
The purpose of this lesson is to prepare the student to play "Footsteps Behind You". Upon completion of this lesson, the student will know a shortcut to re-tuning from drop D, palm mute technique, alternate picking technique, and have increased knowledge of the minor scale and phrygian mode as well as the use of dynamics.
This lesson prepares the student to play "Witchery". It uses many techniques learned throughout the course suh as drop D tuning, finger style picking, and use of the diminished scale. New techniques introduced are inverted chord triads, pull-offs and reading first and second endings.