120-Hour TESOL Course for Online English Teachers
What you'll learn
- Develop a foundational knowledge of teaching English classes online.
- Understand how to apply to a language teaching platform (ie. iTalki, Preply) and how to have a successful start on the platform.
- Understand needs of students and develop positive teacher-student relationships.
- Understand common challenges of teaching languages online and how to solve them.
- Be able to plan and develop English lessons in a research-informed and pedagogically grounded manner.
- Be able to develop a teacher portfolio and teacher philosophy for employment purposes and in order to attract potential students.
- Establish, develop and evaluate teacher beliefs and teacher identity.
- Be able to be financial successful as a teacher with knowledge of how to increase price of lessons and establish long-term plans.
- Understand how to use various digital tools.
- Understand key challenges and tot topics in the language teaching community, such as native speakerism.
- Understand different types of class (IELTS, Conversational, General English) and how to plan for such lessons.
- Establish a strong foundational knowledge of methodology in Applied Linguistics and be able to apply it to their beliefs.
- Learn about how to set up social media profiles to advertise teaching services and to attract students.
- Compile dozens of activities, homework tasks and asynchronous content to plan fully-developed lessons
- Create a 5-lesson curriculum.
- Establish a place in the teacher community and recognize resources for building a Community of Practice (CoP).
- Be able to establish a routine and understanding of reflective practice.
- Learn about opportunities and resources for professional development and furthering one's career.
- Suggestion: take the FREE lesson beforehand (found on my Udemy page).
- A motivation for teaching a language online.
- Basic proficiency in English to understand course content.
This 120-TESOL for Online English Teachers Course is informed by research in applied linguistics, by my 5000+ lessons as an online language teacher (in English and French), and by the experience of dozens of other online language teachers who I have sat down with to provide counsel and guidance.
If you're getting started online, you've come to the right place.
If you're thinking about applying to an online language teaching platform to teach 1-on-1 and small group lessons then you've particularly come to the right place.
In fact, if you've already been teaching online and seek further professionalization, have extensive experience but are apprehensive about the transition from in-person to online teaching, or even if you teach a language other then English... you've come to the right place.
This course is packed with extensive content, including made-from-scratch materials, pedagogically-informed research articles and comprehensive videos. I believe that teacher development should be inclusive, accessible and affordable, which is why countless hours have been spent creating the ideal course for you to begin and thrive in the digital wilds of the virtual world.
Generating bookings and retaining students
Getting paid and increasing income
Finding, using and creating materials
Creating and planning engaging lessons with digital tools
Teacher professionalization and long-term success
Overview and mitigation of key challenges and hot topics
Much, much more!
I'll be with you every step of the way. This is everything that I was taught in my teacher training, along with everything that I wasn't taught. Save yourself the effort - learn and grow in this 120-hour TESOL program.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for English teachers who are getting started online or who hope to improve their teaching practices.
- This course will be particularly useful to teachers who have a passion for teaching English.
- This is for language teachers who wish to apply to iTalki, Preply, Verbling, Amazing Talker, etc.
My name is Ryan and I am from Brampton, Canada. I have been teaching English for 5 years. I have taught in Ireland, Thailand and Canada, in public schools, private institutions, a university, a college and online, to students of different nationalities and proficiency levels.
With regard to certification, I have obtained a TESOL certificate, CTESL certification and a MA in Applied Linguistics. I currently teach at Centennial College, Conestoga College and Trent University in Toronto, Canada. ??