12 Steps Business Case Development
What you'll learn
- Understand what is a good business case
- Identify the best arguments to convince decision makers.
- Research and align your project with given business processes and corporate strategy
- Build and design your business case documentation for impact and persuasion
- No special requirements. Although having a business idea to work on would be useful.
After completing this course, you will be able to build an effective business case. You will understand what makes a business case, how to prepare one and how to design business cases to persuade decision makers.
Understanding what is a good business case will be followed by a description of the functions and elements of a business case. You will learn how to research and what to research in order to prepare yourself and how to align business case with organizational strategy.
Finding the best angle and making an effort to polish your business case will increase your chances. So, you will learn about the principles of business case design to respond to your identified decision makers.
A 12 Steps approach will guide your learning and practice:
- Choose your business idea,
- Define your business objective,
- Determine the functions of your business case,
- Prepare a generic structure of a business case (marketing components included),
- Research your business idea by needed topics and using appropriate research methods,
- Analyze and compile results of research,
- Align business idea, strategy and processes,
- Determine the best angle to sell your business case,
- Write your business case content,
- Adapt your business case to various decision makers,
- Emphasize high impact elements, and
- Prepare to 'sell' your business case.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for entrepreneurs, managers, marketers, professionals and everybody that aims to build a successful business case.
Before Udemy, Sorin developed and delivered courses on management, project management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, soft skills for employees and even corrections incidents management.
Currently working as a consultant and program manager, he is a certified trainer and project manager, holding a master degree in International Relations and Policy Making and a bachelor degree in Law and Public Administration.
Sorin coordinated during the last 12 years projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development and human resources.
He has more than 12 years of middle/senior managerial experience within the civil service (justice, corrections, internal affairs, training), private sector (project management, consultancy, training) and NGO (industrial relations, rural development).
Sorin is also a certified International Computer Driving License (ICDL) tester and trainer for the United Nations Peacekeeping Missions, certified Human Resource Professional and a Public Manager (professional degree).