#12 Hand Coordination: Let your Hands dance with Ballad 9
What you'll learn
- COORDINATE both hands easily
- DANCE with LH and RH
- PLAY songs in the flow
- MASTER the Dancing 9 in C Key
- MASTER the Dancing 9 in D Key
- PLAY God is so Good in the flow C Key
- PLAY God is so Good in the flow D Key
- KNOW how to coordinate both hands in a song
- PLAY by Ear with a simple song
- PRACTICE with play alongs
- Students need to have some basic chord knowledge
Learn How To Coordinate Both Hands
Many people want to learn how to coordinate both hands easily but after years of learning, they are still unable to coordinate both hands.
The problem is that we want to learn TOO many things at one goal.
Here's the SECRET: Learn only ONE Specific Technique at one time
TECHNIQUE for this Course: Dance with LH using Ballad 9
Piano Tip: When you can DANCE with your LH, you will be able to coordinate your RH easily!
Song: God is so Good - C Key & D Key
Purpose of this course:
1. This course is designed to ‘help’ students apply ONE Specific Piano Technique – the Dancing 9 to 4/4 songs.
2. From my own experience of teaching, I notice that students need to DRILL one technique at a time to their songs so that the technique can become ‘automatic’ in their playing. The series of video clips are prepared in slow motion and normal tempo so that students can practice, practice, and practice until they feel very comfortable in using the technique easily to songs.
3. Therefore, this course is NOT about arranging a specific song.
4. In order that students can come away with confidence in Mastering the Technique, the steps shown are very thorough and systematic in the video clips and explained clearly in the eBook. All that is left is for students to have FUN practising them at the piano!
This course will give you:
1. The Dancing 9 is an EZ technique that you want to MASTER! This fun technique will help turn a plain song to ‘dance’. It will give momentum to your song. It will make your song ‘dance’ and not boring at all.
2. Learn how to play the Dancing 9 in 8th notes.
3. My Secret Piano Tip of how to start implementing 16th note ballad playing into your songs! This one is GOLD. I know, because it took me years to come to this SECRET TIP of playing 16th Notes Easily. Once you get this technique into your fingers, you will sound professional. Your songs will all sound fresh & contemporary! You will add newness to all the good ol’ fashioned Gospel Hymns!
4. The video clips show you exactly how to play the Dancing 9 from 8th notes to prepare you to play 16th notes in the next course to WOW your audience!
5. Step by step for you to follow exactly how to put them into your songs. You will learn how to count to fit arpeggios into the melody of the song.
6. Watch, copy and play, play, play. That’s what this course is about!
7. With that foundation, you can go and experiment the idea and create your own Dancing 9 variations!
**There are a lot of Play Along in this course!**
My students have difficulty coordinating both hands together at times, so in this course I have done many play along for:
1. Left Hand only for each line for each song & then play through the complete song.
2. Both Hands in Slow Motion for each line for each song & then play through the complete song.
3. Both Hands in Normal Tempo for each line for each song & then play through the complete song.
The design is in such a way that students can slowly gain confidence by working on the Left Hand first, and then play through each line in slow motion, and finally play through each line in normal tempo.
The whole program is designed in such a way that students have a method to practice the techniques & to move them to play by ear.
1. Each line is played with Music Score in front of them.
2. Each line is played with Chords + counting
3. Each line is played with chords only so that by the time students get to this level, they can play by EAR.
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
You get free lifetime access
All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
Join this happy family of students
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to coordinate LH + RH Smoothly
- Students who want to play in the flow
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.