Sports Scholarships: Tips from 20-Yr NCAA Recruiting Veteran
What you'll learn
- Understand what and how college coaches evaluate recruits to use to your advantage vs. the competition
- How to prepare your video and resume for college coaches -- and insider tips and tricks to get your profile evaluated
- To develop and narrow down your needs and wants to choose the perfect program for you
- How to overcome setbacks, how to separate yourself amongst 1,000s of recruits & how to improve your stock
- Key advice on how to improve as a leader, develop strong intangibles, make small sacrifices and improve time management skills
- Being a part of a high school, AAU or club sport athletic program
Use insider recruiting tips learned under 22 head coaches and numerous coordinators and assistant coaches, competing in eight different sports, to jumpstart your recruiting opportunities to earn NCAA scholarships and to continue your athletic career at the collegiate level!
The program includes action steps for each section:
- Part I - How to Get Noticed by College Coaches (ASAP!)
- Part II - Get Organized - What Exactly You Need Now!
- Part III - Develop YOUR List of Needs and Wants
- Part IV - Take Advantage of How Coaches Evaluate
- Part V - How to Get an Edge Among Thousands of Players
- Part VI - Road Blocks & How to Overcome Them
You will learn seven tip strategies to get noticed by coaches; how to build your resume and video profile; develop your needs and wants in a program; understand how coaches evaluate and rank recruits; key questions to ask coaches during the recruiting process; top factors to consider when evaluating programs; 20 signs that a coach is considering offering you a scholarship; how to separate yourself among the pack; Junior Colleges; how to improve your intangibles; grow through leadership, sacrifices, mental toughness and time management; how to overcome obstacles; info on NCAA eligibility and university academic standards; how to walk-on at your dream school plus much, much more!
Who this course is for:
- For athletes and parents interested in earning college sports scholarships to NCAA, NAIA and Junior College programs.
Alecia (Pynn) Bah Bioh has over 20 seasons of experience in collegiate and professional athletics, having been on recruiting staffs at Elon University, UNC-Chapel Hill, the University of Florida and the University of Miami. During that time, Bah Bioh worked primarily with football and men's basketball, but also spent time working with Olympic Sport coaching staffs including softball, women's lacrosse, fencing, golf, tennis and rowing and also spent two seasons with the Cleveland Indians affiliate Burlington Indians as the Clubhouse Manager. She worked in recruiting operations when UF signed the nation’s No. 1 class in 2007 and No. 2 class in 2006.
She’s also spent time working within the Rivals network, helping cover athletic programs and recruiting at the University of Alabama (two seasons) and Florida State University (three seasons).
Learning from some of the best mentors in sports, Bah Bioh has worked for four "National Coach of the Year" winners including Urban Meyer, Frank Haith, Jim Larranaga and Jenny Levy, as well as numerous current NCAA DI head coaches including Ryan Day, Mike Locksley, Stan Drayton, Michael Huger, Eric Konkol, Chris Caputo, Donna Papa, Sam Paul, Beverly Smith, as well as numerous coordinators, assistant coaches and recruiting personnel. She also worked for several former DI head coaches including Charlie Strong, Dan Mullen, Larry Fedora, Ron Zook, Steve Addazio, Doc Holliday, Tim Beckman, Sarah Haney and Joel Furtek.
Bah Bioh has been part of numerous championships including the 2007 Florida Gator BCS National Championship; 2006 Florida Gator SEC Football Championship; the 2013 ACC Men's Basketball Championship and Sweet 16 NCAA Tourney run with the Miami Hurricanes that included both tournament and regular-season ACC titles; a 2002 UNC ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship and Final Four finish; a 2001 UNC ACC Softball championship and as a senior, was a 4-year letterwinner (manager) with the 1999 Elon Football team that finished with a 9-2 record, one of the best seasons in program history.
Over the years, Bah Bioh has worked with over 30 first-round draft selections (NFL, NBA, MLB) and numerous players who went on to sign professional contracts including Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Percy Harvin, C.C. Sabathia, Aaron Hernandez, Rex Grossman, Max Starks, Shane Larkin, Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, Joe Haden, Channing Crowder and numerous others.
Bah Bioh has four books available: What 20 years, 100+ coaches, 1 BCS National Title & a Few Heisman Trophy Winners Taught Me About the Recruiting Game; 100 Most-Asked Recruiting Questions, Answered!; College Coaches Edition: Recruiting Made Simple; and NCAA Recruit Tips.