10 Steps to Replacing Workplace Bullying
What you'll learn
- Discover the definition of workplace bullying, examples of behaviors, and the similarities to illegal harassment.
- Identify two ways to get leadership on board for solving workplace bullying.
- Recognize that a healthy workplace policy is better than an anti-bullying policy.
- Discover how to create a plan for building a positive workplace culture, including easy-to-implement action items.
- Identify how “good behavior” fits into your performance management system, so that bullies would be treated for bullying as any employee would be treated for other performance missteps
- Explore your role in coaching bullies into a new kind of behavior
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
According to a 2012 study by CareerBuilder, 35% of the workforce encounters bullies at work. Workplace bullying is systematic psychological abuse that degrades and humiliates, and causes anxiety, depression, burnout, and lower levels of job satisfaction in targets and bystanders. Bullying includes frequent yelling, manipulation of work, nasty emails, social isolation, and a host of other negative behaviors. If allowed to flourish, it invites severe, damaging consequences for your organization, including increased turnover, communication breakdown, reduced quality in work and poor customer service.
Join Catherine Mattice, internationally-recognized expert and author of the book hailed by Ken Blanchard as “the most comprehensive and valuable handbook” on workplace bullying, as she takes you through the process of developing effective strategies for dealing with workplace bullying and provides a step-by-step guide for building a healthy workplace where employees can thrive.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in Human Resources (HR) or related fields.
- Anyone interested in Management.
Illumeo, incorporated in 2009, is revolutionizing the hide-bound world of corporate learning. Illumeo works with corporate professionals and organizations of all sizes to build the skills and capabilities that help everyone be an expert at their job.
Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Illumeo serves thousands of corporations and corporate professionals across Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing. The platform offers assessments, industry-benchmarked competency analyses, hundreds of expert-developed courses, collaborative tools, and the ability for companies to self-publish internal courses that promote institutional knowledge retention and dissemination.
Illumeo is the place for expertise management and we are dedicated to the proposition that everyone can be an expert at their job.
Catherine M. Mattice, MA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is the President of consulting and training firm, Civility Partners, and has been successfully providing programs in building positive workplaces since 2007. She has published in a variety of trade magazines and has appeared several times on national affiliates of FOX, NBC, and ABC as an expert, as well as in USA Today, Inc Magazine, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, and more. Catherine is the past-President of the American Society of Training & Development (ASTD), San Diego Chapter, and an adjunct at the National University and Southwestern College. In his book foreword, Ken Blanchard called her book, "BACK OFF! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work," as the most comprehensive and valuable handbook on the topic. Her clients include Fortune 500’s, the Navy and Marine Corps, hospitals, universities, government agencies, nonprofits and small businesses.