10 Career Boosting Resolutions
- 43 mins on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a clear career vision and mission statement
- Articulate the goal to your network
- Understand the 10 Career Boosting Resolutions
- How to use the 10 tips to achieve your career vision and goals
- No formal course requirement required
Every year, many people explore New Year Resolutions. But I’m not here to talk about New Year Resolutions. I want to discuss changes that will boost your professional career to the next level. These career boosting tips will assure that you have a happy and prosperous career.
- Individuals interested in gaining more recognitions and rewards at work
- To help professional recognize a few daily rituals that can boost your careers
- To help them identify which career boosting resolution they most identify with
- To help them identify their next course of action, after they have done their self-assessment
The purpose of this introductory course isn't to provide you with detail training. Instead, it tries to help you recognize and acknowledge some things you are unknowingly doing. The first step in correcting those traits is to recognize them.
Before we get started, please take a moment to outline what you are willing to do to achieve your career goals. Use this 1-page worksheet to help clarify your intentions.
Download the form from the supplementary materials section.
** Increased the audio on this video - but if you are having trouble with the audio of the video, please download the Zipinar Ebook (ebook with the presentation and speaker notes) to help.
10 Career Boosting Resolutions:
Below are the actual 10 Career Boosting Resolutions. We will talk about each separately (through
audios, videos, and various articles) in the IT Professional Development Toolkit.
1. Convey your mission to at least one person each day
2. Ask at least one person each day about their goals
3. Focus on the relationship you are building versus the detail IT task
4. Surround yourself with exciting and motivated people in IT
5. Create a network of supporters and collaborators that are in line and excited about your vision
6. Emphasize ethics, honesty and integrity in everything that you do
7. Elevate those around you
8. Be aware of the abundance of possibilities
9. Delegate or delete items that are not aligned with your goals
10. Acknowledge that everything is unfolding perfectly
Next Step: Sign up for the IT Professional Development Toolkit
3 resolutions job seekers should make
1) Increase your professional exposure in your social media.
2) Start clearly articulating your career goals to at least one person every day.
3) Ask other people about their career goals at least once a day.
The best way to follow-through on these things is to create a Marketing and Client Attraction Plan or an Individual Network Strategy (included in the Professional Development Toolkit). This plan outlines the type of people you want to network with, how often you want to network with them, and actually mark the dates/times on your calendar in which you will be doing these activities. Setting up an accountability partner (like a spouse, friend, business coach) such that you have an external commitment to follow-through is another way to stay on track.
If you are interested in this type of information, check out some of the online courses (many are free) at Udemy.
Check out the 10 Career Boosting Resolution Laser Lesson
Check out the 10 Hidden Time Waster Laser Lesson
Reviewing these tips does us very little, if we don't take action. Below is a helpful implementation and checklist for your use. Pick an accountability partner with similar goals (check with the people taking this same course), set a regular meeting dates, and review your progress on these times.
Hold each other accountable for each other's goals. It will help.
Use this Career Resolution worksheet to define your goals and line up your entourage of supporters and accountability partners.
- Your manager is not responsible for making sure you have a satisfying professional or personal life.
- Your manager is not responsible for making sure you have a decent work/life balance.
- Your manager is not responsible for making sure you get along with your co-workers.
- Your manager is not responsible for making sure you get the proper exposure to other managers and executives to assure that you keep your job.
- And your manager is not responsible for making sure you understand all of the above.
This is your job. Use this worksheet to stay in control of your career.
Reviewing these tips does us very little, if we don't take action. Below is a helpful implementation and profess chcklist for your use. Pick an accountability partner with similar goals (check with the people taking this same course), set a regular meeting dates, and review your progress on these times.
Hold each other accountable for each other's goals. It will help.
Instructions for the worksheet
1)Review each items and rank your current progress on each item
2)Don’t get overwhelmed, and just look at the items that you marked at 6, and 7.
3)Put a plan together the increase just those items at least an 8.
4)Once those items have moved to an 8, you will see that the others have moved up as well.
5)Repeat until all items are at least to an 8
Take time to celebrate your accomplishment by outlining your accomplishments in this worksheet.
Download the worksheet from the Supplementary Material section.
Revisit this course from time to time. As you continue to evolve, your perspective on certain things will also change. And this course will also continue to evolve and change. Check back.
As a bonus to our students, I am adding the Zipinar Ebook for this class ($21.00 value). A Zipinar is my term for an ebook that contains the presentation slides along with the speaker notes. It allows you to quickly skim the slides without missing the speaker notes.
If you go to "full screen" view, you will able to read the speaker notes on the screen.
You can also download the ebook separately.
The Book of Answers: 105 Career Critical Situations
is included as a bonus for subscribing to this Laser Lesson.
Download the book from the Supplementary Material tab.
This eBook contains 105 real-world professional situations and some positive solutions for those difficult scenarios.
This Laser-Lesson is also part of a larger, comprehensive package. The Laser-Lesson Strategy provides a full road-map to success. You can pick and choose your curriculum OR you can investigate the full package.
The other Laser-Lessons cover
- Getting that Well-Deserved Raise (Available NOW )
- 10 Career Boosting Resolutions (Available NOW )
- 10 Hidden Time Wasters (Available Now )
- 10 Tips for Telecommuters (Available Now )
- 12 Tips to Realistic Scheduling (Available Now )
- Professional Development Toolkit (Available Now )
- It's a SNAP: Social Media tips for professionals and entrepreneurs ( Available Now <<HERE>>)
- Leveraging Links - Use your current contacts to get that skip-level promotion (Available Now <<HERE>>
- Finding Time to Network - (Available Now <<HERE>>)
- And much more
10 Tools in 10 Minutes included in the toolkit (but not limited to):
1.Professional Business Commitment Plan
2.Individual Career Development Plan
4.One-on-one Manager/Employee Agenda
5.Non-negotiable and Imperative Charts
6.Professional Press Kit
7.Appropriate Client Response Cheat Sheet
8.Business Networking Strategy Plan
9.Leverage Links Process
10.URGO Method to prioritizing tasks