1 - Day Intro to iOS7 and App Building
- Mac running OS 10.8+
- XCode 5 (We'll walk you through it)
This course is a quick introduction to XCode and Apple's app building environment. At the end of the course you will have built your first simple button app in XCode 5.
**Please note: Since we build in Apple's native environment this course requires you to have a Mac running OS 10.8+ in order to install XCode. This is an Apple mandate.
Who this course is for:
- Zero Previous Experience Required!
- 00:16Intro - How to Install XCode
- 01:42Step-by-step Downloading and Installing Code
- 00:22Overview - Building your First App
- 06:07Opening XCode and Creating your First Project
- 07:03Label Use
- 08:53Adding a UIButton to our First Project
- 1 questionMultiple Choice
- 03:57Changing Colors!
- 07:00UINavigationController and UIImageView
Eliot regularly teaches iOS development classes and workshops at General Assembly and guest lectures for companies and development boot camps around NYC. He also taught the inaugural class for Coalition for Queens which focused on increasing diversity in iOS development. He also coaches students in a one-on-one environment with a focus on transitioning to full time development. Eliot cofounded and organizes the iOS Office Hours meetup NYC.
In his free time he works as a contractor for startups focusing on agile development.
Find me on twitter @EliotArntz - I check my direct messages quite frequently.
John was the lead iOS developer at Fast Society and Cameo until he started Bitfountain in 2012. The apps that John has contributed to have appeared in TechCrunch, Mashable and the New York Times. At Bitfountain, John oversees all projects from a technical and strategic perspective. At Bitfountain, John has taught over 120,000 students how to code online.