There is a lot of misunderstanding what Corporate Social Responsibility really is about- Philanthropy, green PR or indeed a piece of new Conscious Capitalism? This course was designed for you! You, if you want to get to know what CSR is about, first-hand: its development, how it is implemented today and where it is heading in the future. In less than an hour, you will learn the "logics" of CSR and find out how it is really connected to the idea of Sustainability.
You will be guided through a Prezi-Presentation with pictures, text, infographics and my voice in the background.
If you are tired of skipping through books, reading blogs and watching YouTube Videos to understand CSR, then enroll into this course and get your full understanding of what Corporate Social Responsibility truly is and its vital role in the business world. Get inspired and see what you, being the customer or the CSR professional, could do to help CSR evolve.
Your peers have reported to have had an "aha-"moment after going through this course, I most certainly hope the same will happen for you! Welcome to the course.
My name is Sofia and I am a freelance Consultant for Corporate Social Responsibility with a Focus on Social Compliance and CSR-Strategy. I have graduated with a Bachelor´s Degree in Social Entrepreneurship and CSR from a Business School in Germany and with a Master´s Degree in Sustainability and CSR from an Ivy League School. During my studies, I have spent time researching the Social Business Model of Grameen Danone in Bangladesh, the Bottom of the Pyramid Concept of major U.S. retailers and volunteering as a Cornell Social Business Consultant. Upon my graduation I started the work as Manager for Corporate Responsibility for DEPOT, a major German Retailer (400 shops, 350€ mill. in revenue), training staff on CSR, establishing communication with various stakeholders and building up their Corporate Social Compliance Activity. I am currently a Member of Group Advisory board of 2degrees, blogging about Sustainability and Social Compliance. My geographic expertise lies in Asian countries, notably China and Bangladesh. I was lucky enough to live, study and work in four countries. I am currently based in Berlin/Germany.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
With best wishes
- Manager of Corporate Responsibility at a big German Retailer (400 shops, 350€ mill. Revenue), built up and led the Corporate Responsibility Department, Focus on Social Compliance, Audits and Pre-Audits of Asian Suppliers, Germany; 2012-14
- Member of the "2degrees" Group Advisory Board (2degrees is world's leading online community for sustainable business professionals, with over 43.700 members), UK; 2014 - to date
- Group Leader of BSCI "Capacity Building" Working Sub-Group, Belgium; 2013-14
(BSCI is a global Social Compliance Corporate Initiative)
- Cornell University Social Business Consultant, USA; 2011
- Grameen Danone Social Business Bachelor´s Thesis, Bangladesh; 2010
- Bachelor´s in International Business with a Focus on Social Business
ESB Business School Reutlingen, Germany
- Exchange Semester, Development Economics, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Master´s in International Development with Focus on CSR, Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
For more Information, check out my LinkedIn Account.