The Complete Jazz Theory Course - Jazz Chords/Scales & More
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 articles
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will know how jazz chords are formed
You will know what notes/scales to use for your improvisation/solo
You will understand the relationship between chords and scales
- You will learn reharmonization techniques
- Know the basics of music theory (intervals, major & natural minor scale, chords (m7, 7 & major 7)) and be able to read sheet music.
- Your instrument to practice the scales and start improvising.
FINALLY A COURSE THAT WILL UNVEIL ALL THE SECRETS OF JAZZ THEORY
You want to get better in jazz improvisation? By doing this course, you will get a clear overview of jazz theory on a high level, that will help you with your jazz improvisation.
QUICKLY UNDERSTAND WHICH NOTE(S) WILL WORK ON A CHORD & WHICH SCALE(S) TO APPLY
Detailed explanation by an experienced teacher (25+ years of teaching experience) and lots of sound samples will let you quickly advance and let you exactly understand everything in detail.
THIS COURSE WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER JAZZ MUSICIAN
In order to become good in jazz, you need to know jazz theory. And I know: the word "theory" scares a lot of people. But the way it is done in this course, with very clear explanations and lots of sound samples and examples, make it a pleasure to learn jazz theory.
TRY THIS COURSE WITHOUT ANY RISK
Still not convinced? Why not give it a try? It's without any risk: if for whatever reason this was not the right course for you, you can get a full refund within 30 days after purchase.
So, no need to wait any longer: just hit that enroll button and get access to this complete jazz theory course!
About this course:
This course covers the jazz theory that every jazz musician should know.
This course is for all instrumentalists, whether you're a guitar player, a bass player, a singer, a trumpet player, a piano player, a saxophone player, etcetera, so this course is not focussed on one single instrument.
This is definitely not a course for those who don't know the basics of music theory, you should know about intervals, about the major and natural minor scale, how minor (7th), dominant (7th) and major (7th) chords are formed and you should be able to read sheet music.
This course consists of the following 9 sections:
- Introduction (3 lectures)
- Adding notes to chords (7 lectures)
- Major scale harmony (11 lectures)
- Melodic minor scale harmony (13 lectures)
- Diminished scale harmony (4 lectures)
- Whole tone scale harmony (2 lectures)
- Other scales (5 lectures)
- Slash chords (4 lectures)
- BONUS: Basics of reharmonization (5 lectures)
Clear explanations by an experienced teacher with:
- lots of examples
- sound samples of chords & improvisation lines
- Summaries of each section, also as downloadable PDF-files
Some of the topics covered in this course
Review of intervals
Review of minor 7th, dominant 7th, major 7th and diminished chords
Adding notes to chords to let them sound more colorful, more 'jazzy'
The altered chord
The modes of major scale harmony
The modes of minor scale harmony
The altered scale
The half/whole and the whole/half diminished scale
The whole tone scale
Basic reharmonization techniques
And much, much more...
- All the jazz musicians that want to understand jazz theory & that want to improvise and know which note(s)/scales will work.
- This is not a course for total beginners in music.