***This course is only available for purchase for Singaporeans as part of a SkillsFuture coaching bundle. Enrolling in this course without purchasing the entire "Guitar for Music Educators" bundle will not provide you access to the offline coaching bundle.***
This coaching bundle provides learners with the support to deep learn the pedagogy behind guitar instruction. Spread over 8 sessions, learners have the opportunities to practise and role play how to teach guitar skills correctly. More importantly, this course is blended with the online course laying out the basic competencies for learners to acquire before the coaching begins.
The coaching sessions 5 to 8 will focus on the following:
1. Teach effective guitar strumming rhythmic styles and fingerpicking
2. Fix common guitar student posture or playing mistakes
3. Teach progressively the song keys of G, D, A, E
4. Create his/her own musical symbols, chord charts & lead music sheets as teaching material
5. Apply chordal and rhythmic guitar ideas in various songs
6. Gather continual feedback from guitar students and/or their parents on quality of guitar instruction, student achievement, satisfaction and absorption capacity
This segment is to provide learners like yourself with an understanding of the different types of learning approaches and styles that you may have. Going back to your school days may be useful as start points but some of these preferences and styles may have changed since then so reviewing your learning preferences and beliefs as an adult learner would help you improve in your learning effectiveness.
You will be able to describe the four perceptual modes and possible strategies to help each type of learner acquire content better.
Daniel Kan is the Founder, Music Director of Team Music Pte Ltd, Singapore & Kingdom Music Pte Ltd, Singapore.
He has personally trained 30 music facilitators to run corporate band trainings for schools and companies. Musical instruments includes piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, electric bass, percussions and drums. He is skilled in both teaching instrument facilitators as well as band facilitators.