- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be confident and relaxed when you think about your baby's birth and postpartum;
Have a more comfortable birth without drugs;
Be ready to breastfeed;
- Be organized for a joyful postpartum.
- An internet connection;
- A speaker or headphones.
Becoming a parent is a huge transition. You are excited but worried, too. This one hour introductory course addresses your five most common and pressing fears head on. It will help you overcome your:
- Fear of pain in childbirth;
- Fear of the postpartum period;
- Fear of being unable to breastfeed;
- Fear of something going wrong;
- Fear of losing control.
Through video lessons, quizzes and action plans, this course gives you the information, skills and strategies you need to have what you want: a safe, healthy and satisfying birth and postpartum.
You’ll learn how to:
- Have a more comfortable childbirth without drugs;
- Organize your life so that you can actually have a wonderful postpartum experience;
- Prepare effectively to breastfeed successfully;
- Help things to go right during birth;
- Exert or surrender control at the right times.
By the end of this course you’ll have solid action plans and peace of mind so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
- First time expectant parents who:
- Care deeply about their birth and postpartum experiences;
- Are open to holistic ideas about birth and parenting.
Start off right with this introductory lecture. You'll learn what to expect from the course and do your initial fear assessment. (You'll do a final fear assessment upon completion of the course so you'll know how far you've come!)
Overcome the fear of pain in childbirth by increasing your confidence. In this lecture, learn how to find a maternity care provider who can make your birth more comfortable by increasing your confidence and by knowing how to facilitate physiologic birth.
Overcome the Fear of Something Going Wrong in childbirth by learning how and how often birth goes right. In this lecture, wake up to what's actually possible with the right maternity care.
Overcome the Fear of Losing Control by learning when to exert control and when to surrender it. In this lecture, you'll learn what’s great about surrendering control – that it is, in fact, essential for an easy birth and postpartum.
Overcome the Fear of Losing Control by learning when to exert control and when to surrender it. In this lecture, we focus on postpartum control issues: when you'll be tempted to control but it just works better to surrender, as well as ways to practice surrendering control right now that will help you as a new parent.