What is the course all about?
What kind of Materials are included?
How long will the Course take to complete?
How is the Course Structured?
Why take this course? What are my Key - Takeaways?
Warm Welcome to everyone who has enrolled to my course! All the best for your learning process.
This Lecture highlights on the Classification of Indian Music with a brief about:
Here we try to understand the different types of 'Indian Bamboo Flutes' with more details on the differences b/w ' 6 - Holed Bansuri' Flutes & '8 - Holed Carnatic/Venu' Flutes
A quick reference to what ever has been covered in Section 1.
Here, let us try to understand the major contributions of 'Sri. Sharaba Shastri' towards South Indian Carnatic Flute because of whom the 'South Indian - Carnatic Flute' got its identity for the 1st time as Concert level instrument.
The Carnatic Flute got a complete Facelift through T. R Mahalingam's efforts. Let us quickly understand his contribution in this section.
Also let us try to understand who took this instrument to the next level post T. R Mahalingam's era.
A quick glance through the Legends's contribution for this divine instrument.
Here, let us try to understand some quick theory behind Scales/Shruthi
This is a very important lecture to understand:
A quick 'Hand Book' on the Topic Scales!
Here let us quickly understand the perfect discipline that needs to be followed while practising this divine instrument and also try to understand the perfect ways to get pure sound with lot of illustrations that we come across in our daily life which makes concepts simpler and clear!
Holding the Flute is very important before we get started. In Carnatic Style, we follow 'Cross Fingering Technique' which helps us in playing the swaras real quick and also Gamakas very effectively.
Let us try to understand the perfect procedure on how to hold the Carnatic flute in 'Cross Fingering Style'
A quick 'Hand Book' for Section 4 which covers 'Physical Deciplines of Carnatic Flute'
Performer at the ever fame 'TEDx' event that was held at MSRIT - Bengaluru in Sep 2016!
Born in a family of musicians, for me Music is a divine blessing. I'm born and raised in Bangalore, I'm fortunate to have my father Sri. K. S. Ramkumar who himself is a South Indian Carnatic Mridangam (South Indian Percussion) artist. With his continuous guidance, Interest towards South Indian Carnatic Flute developed for me at a tender age of 4 and began my formal training at the age 6 from Vidwan. Sri. Srinivas Murthy. I started performing at the age of 10. I'm an Engineer by profession & Musician by passion.
• Toured USA and completed 4 – Successful Carnatic Classical concerts at the following prestigious venues
1. Hindu Temple of Central Texas; Temple Texas
2. Meenakshi Temple; Houston
3. Houston Durgabari Society
4. Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple, Frisco, Tx
• The Cultural Theatre of 'Mall of Emirates'; Dubai
• JSS Private Auditorium, Alsa-fa organized by UAE Kannada Koota; Dubai
• IIT Delhi: For a multi national conference on Tourism – ICTT
• Pondicherry: For a fund raising event organized by FATA-DEI
• Mumbai: Qualified 4th Round of a reality show 'India's got Talent'
• Have performed for Bangalore's biggest Cultural festival 'The 52nd Bengaluru Ganesha Uthsava'
• Have performed for several corporate events for companies including Microsoft, Dell, Canon, Airtel, Biocon, BOSCH, KIOCL, Tejas Networks to name a few
• Have performed for 'Bangalore International Wine Festival' at the Palace Grounds
• Have performed at Rotary Club International – Sadhashivnagar for their annual President's meet
• Have performed for numerous Private shows across Bangalore
• Have accompanied for Indian Classical dance – Bharathanatyam for a few concerts
• Have performed at several prestigious temples across Karnataka
• Have performed at RV Engineering College's prestigious fest 8th Mile 2014!
• Have performed 2 times for 'Indian Airforce' Bangalore
• Have been invited as judge and chief guest for several occasions in various colleges.
• Have recorded Flute for a song from the Kannada Movie 'Nam Life Story' (Yet to be released)
• Have released a Carnatic Album called 'Trivenisangama' under the famous record label 'Jhankar Audio' with Brother 'Adarsha Ramkumar' accompanying on Carantic Violin and father 'Sri. K. S Ramkumar' accompanying on Mridangam. The Album was released on a grand Scale at the prestigious 'Gayana Samaja' Auditorium on 10th of November 2012 with more than 500+ audience along with the blessings of our Gurus & Elders.
• Have recorded 2 songs for a US based documentary movie based on Indian Classical Dance
• An interview with Unplugged performance for Radio City 91.1
• Recorded a small jingle for Radio City 91.1 for Independence Day occasion
• Exclusive interview and unplugged performance was aired on the famous Radio Channel 94.3 Radio One for the program “One Bangalore One music" hosted by RJ Rakesh on 16th Oct 2011