SECTION I - BUY A CALL OPTION (CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL)
Buying a Call Option is the most basic of all the Option strategies and is the most efficient strategy to optimize a bullish outlook on a stock. In this course, we take the example of Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) and show how the trade played out. We analyze the rationale behind entering the trade, the risk/reward profile, chart analysis and point of entry, choice of expiry and "moneyness" of the Option, time decay considerations, margin requirements, profit expectations, exit criteria, Greek analysis, its Profit and Loss profile and various other considerations. We provide a 360-degree analysis before trade entry. This is a real trade and over 15 days, and we navigate the trade to its exit point.
SECTION II - BUYING A PUT OPTION (FXE EURO ETF)
Buying a Put Option serves two purposes - exploit a bearish move in the stock or be the ultimate protector of your stock. In this part of the course, we take the example of the Euro ETF (FXE) and show how the trade played out in about 25 days time. We analyze the rationale behind entering the trade, the risk/reward profile, chart analysis and point of entry, choice of expiry and "moneyness" of the Option, time decay considerations, margin requirements, profit expectations, exit criteria, Greek analysis, its Profit and Loss profile and various other considerations. We provide a 360-degree analysis before trade entry. We show you how to "let your winners run" in a controlled manner.
SECTION III - STRATEGY AND OPTIMIZATION
The Option strategy optimization course brings all the 4 Options strategies together. The 4 strategies are comprised of 2 bullish and 2 bearish strategies, but how and when should we choose a particular strategy over the other. We create a helpful "4 strategies box" to distinguish and connect one strategy to the other. Most importantly, what are all the considerations before we choose a strategy. Our choice of strategy depends not only on what the stock is currently doing, but also on various market externalities as well as a few key Option metrics like Implied Volatility. This course also provides a sneak peek into advanced Option topics like the VIX (Fear index"), trade simulation as well as trade adjustment parameters.
SECTION IV - SINGLE OPTION ADJUSTMENTS
This course studies the need for Option adjustments, and why adjustments are as critical to the success of your position as good entry or analysis. We consider all the four basic strategies - the Long Call, Short Call, Long Put, and the Short Put and look at various adjustments to these positions if they get into trouble. Every investor has a "pain point" - this is the point at which they adjust their position. Applying a rigorous approach to this pain point enables investors to control risk while maximizing the opportunity to profit. The course also discusses various details like early adjustments, over-adjusting and adjusting profitable trades as well as the importance of the investor's outlook for the stock when considering adjustments.
This is Course III of a 4-course step-by-step program to achieving Options mastery.
Course I - Introduction to Options - Learn about Call Options and Put Options is a detailed step-by-step explanation of Options, Call Options and Put Options with theory and practical application with Apple (AAPL) Options
Course IV is on Options Spreads - This is the heart of Options Trading. Once you master Options spreads, you have acquired a skill that can generate consistent monthly income for the rest of your life.
Knowledge. Strategy. Execution.
Hari Swaminathan is the founder of OptionTiger, a cutting-edge Options Mentoring company, and a full-circle educator in all areas of Financial Markets, Hari has developed several proprietary Intellectual Property "methods and approaches" around enhancing base case Options strategies (which favor the Market Makers) and turns that deficit into a massive EDGE on the trader's side.. Like building a powerful Strategy "for all Option Strategies".
Hari is self-taught in Options and actively trading these instruments for almost 10 years, mostly through trial and error. Trial and error in general, is an excellent method of learning, but applied in this context, trial and error CAN BE EXPENSIVE. My courseware focuses on this aspect mostly, so you can avoid losing money in the 1 to 2 years when you're learning. Yes, it does take that long, if not more. If the markets were indeed simple, you'd have everyone involved in it. Patience, Diligence, and Determination are what you need during this time.
Hari has a Bachelors degree in Engineering from India, and MBA's from Columbia University in NYC and London Business School in London UK.
More than ever, its become important for normal people to take charge of their financial situation, and truly understand how financial markets, and the various asset classes, trading nuances really work. Investing in the financial markets is no longer a HANDS-OFF ACTIVITY. There's no point blaming financial advisors after the fact. Now, it's become crucial for everyone to do "their OWN homework", so you can decide for yourself whether something is good or risky. This is of course easier said than done, and that's exactly where we come in.
My mission is to educate everyday people on the deep, strategic underpinnings of the stock markets, and exploit that knowledge with the use of OPTIONS. THERE IS NOTHING RANDOM about the markets. There are surprises all the time, but there's always a method behind every madness. And my goal is to get you to this point of understanding and awareness. That's when it starts to fit in.
Knowledge, Education, Crafting Breakthrough strategy, Technical analysis, Following Smart Money, Risk management, Disciplined Money management, and near flawless Execution approaches are just a few of the crucial points emphasized in all the Courses. Video-based education courseware, Practical workshops, several elite proprietary Advanced systems, a 4-week Live Mentoring program are just a few things we offer. The goal is to provide a "full circle" education in the Markets, which is necessary before it starts "fitting in".
Let's break down the Options game in a realistic manner.
1. Options were invented out of thin air. And the people who invented them won Nobel Prizes for their invention (Fisher and Black). It is purely a "Mathematical" concept.
2. This gives rise to very complex but interesting analytical scenarios. It also gives us the ability to model Options with a set of tools like a car dashboard. This data is embedded in the mathematical formulas that underpin Options structure itself.
3. Because everything in Options is defined in mathematical terms, its also important to realize that OPTIONS will always be the same. Forever. Unless they discover serious flaws in the formulas and models used by these Nobel winners.
4. Options and Chess have LARGE overlaps. You may agree that Chess is a game of "skill". It's a game of Strategy and depends upon how well you can plan (ahead) to attack, defend or take a neutral position. We also believe that Chess is strategy-focused and depends upon certain mathematical principles. Why or How do we know this - The reason we know its a game of skill is : Try to play 100 chess games with Kasparov or Anand. Normal people are almost guaranteed a loss in all 100 games. So it has to be a game of skill. And why do we know its underlying features are mathematics based. The fact that a computer like Deep Blue beat the GrandMaster Garry Kasparov in 1997.
5. Lastly, You MUST believe this completely - Options, just like Chess, are a "skill set", and requires acquiring a deep set of analytical skills much more so than most skill sets in the world, and THEY can only be MASTERED over a period of time. Once you understand Options better, you'll realize how true this is. But, there is a very powerful light at the end of this tunnel. You build a skill set for life. Age, Geographical location, Lifestyles, or Weather are no longer a barrier to creating consistent income streams, regardless of who you are, where you are, or how old you are.
This is very POWERFUL stuff.
Now let's look at the negatives. This is what most people will NOT tell you. Anyone that tells you Options are SIMPLE, and you can make extra ordinary income easily, is JUST NOT TRUE. I will tell you Options can be brutal if you simply apply speculative methodologies. And once you can develop a SYSTEMATIC approach to every situation (which is the Real Game), you'll be well on your way to consistent performance.
Options are easily the most fascinating financial instrument with several upside benefits, but also an equally powerful set of negatives.
1. Options have a steep learning curve. Don't expect to become Kasparov in a couple of months. Market Makers who are 99% of the time, the counter party to all Options trades, are Options professionals, with 10 to 20 years of experience, in performing their "legal duty" of providing liquidity.
2. If you're interested in Options, try NOT approach it with a mindset or requirement of making money. This is not only NOT going to happen, but its a recipe for disaster. It's like a student of Medicine wanting to practice their skills after 2 months of study.
3) As someone that has self-learnt Options and through making mistakes from Trial and Error, I can tell you Options trading is not something you should take lightly. You will hear people talking of fantastic triple and quadruple digit returns. I'm here to be brutally honest with you -
- Be very very careful in the first 12 months of Options trading.
- This is when everyone is the most vulnerable to losing money.
- Your main objective during this time is to focus on learning this craft
Having said that, if you can get past the first 12 months and acquire the expertise in a Systematic manner with Systematic approaches to every situation, true financial independence awaits. But you have some serious but exciting work to do before you get there, and I'm here to help you in this journey.
And join me in my UDemy courses, where I share cutting-edge theoretical knowledge mixed with practical insights, strategy and impeccable execution approaches, through live trading examples. How do we know it's all this (don't just go by my word). Check what 30,000 students have to say in 3100 Reviews, with almost 2800 of them being 5-Star or 4-Star
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to message me on Udemy.
The order to follow on my Udemy courses
Comprehensive guide to Financial Markets, Investing and Trading
Options Trading Beginners Bundle (3-course Bundle)
Advanced Options Concepts
Options spreads and credit spreads Bundle
Technical analysis and Chart reading Bundle
After this, the order does not matter. You can take any of the courses as per your interest.