The course discusses the concept of business continuity and the requirements of ISO 22301 - the most popular standard in the world that addresses the topic of business continuity.
The course follows the structure of ISO 22301 standard covering the following requirements:
- Context of the organization - internal and external issues that affect the organization, the needs and expectations of interested parties and the scope of the business continuity management system
- Leadership - top management commitment for business continuity, business continuity policy, roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Planning - Actions to address risks and opportunities and business continuity objectives
- Support - Resources, competence and awareness, communication and documented information
- Operation - Business impact analysis, risk assessment, business continuity strategy, business continuity plans, incident response structure, exercising and testing
- Performance evaluation and improvement - Monitoring and measurement, internal audit, management review, nonconformity and corrective action.
The information is valuable to any professional involved in business continuity and disaster recovery related activities.
After going through the lessons here you will have a clear image of how a business continuity management system should be shaped, what are its main elements, what documents should exist and how they should be implemented.
The information in the course is valuable for professionals that want to participate in business continuity auditing - of suppliers, partners or for certification purposes.
If you intend to apply for certification as per ISO 22301 this course will give all the information you need so you will pass the certification audit successfully.
Test your knowledge on ISO 22301 requirements
Management systems auditor, consultant and trainer with over 15 years experience in working with most popular standards like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 50001, ISO 39001 or ISO 22301. Certified health and safety risk assessor and auditor.
I have performed over 500 audits for different management systems in 12 countries, participation in implementation and provided training on all major international standards.
... and I like this saying "people who take the time and initiative to pursue knowledge on their own are the only ones who earn a real education in this world" that I found in an article of Thomas Oppong