Build A Culture of Freedom & Responsibility by Patty McCord
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Discover how to create high performing teams.
Create a culture of radical honesty in your organization.
Learn why every single employee should understand the business.
- Master actionable strategies for cultivating strong opinions.
- No prior business experience is required, but an understanding of basic business concepts (e.g. compensation, hiring, etc.) can help you engage more fully in the course.
- A desire to adopt a new way of working that empowers all the people in your organization.
If you want to question commonly accepted business practices and inspire your team to innovate, then this course is for you. As the former chief talent officer at Netflix, I spent 14 years creating its unique and high-performing culture. In Build A Culture of Freedom & Responsibility, you will discover what I learned there and elsewhere in Silicon Valley. This course is an adaptation of my new book Powerful. You can choose to watch this course as you follow along in the book. These are lessons that can you learn from again and again, whether you work at the largest corporation or the tiniest startup.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Challenge “best practices” like annual performance reviews and performance improvement plans
- Practice radical honesty in the workplace
- Assess the relevance and impact of your organization’s policies and procedures
- Motivate others with challenging work, not promises, perks, and bonus plans
- Build a culture of hiring
- Revamp your company’s compensation practices
- Effectively reflect on your team’s performance
- Cultivate data-informed, not data driven opinions
- Expose disagreements in a healthy and honest way
- And more!
This course is also full of activities so that you can practice what you’re learning. You’ll eliminate unnecessary approval mechanisms that slow down your team, practice having difficult conversations, and better communicate your six-month vision with your team. This course also includes FAQ lectures where I discuss the most commonly asked questions I receive.
Why Learn about Leadership?
Leadership is critical to building a great company, and leaders inspire us to be more than we thought we could be. In this course, you will actualize some of the lessons I have learned about leadership over the years, including assessing your own leadership style, avoiding management speak, and saying goodbye to employees who don’t fit your company’s emerging needs. I believe the old standbys of corporate HR–annual performance reviews, retention plans, and employee empowerment and engagement programs–often end up being a colossal waste of time and resources. My road-tested advice will provide you with a different path for creating a culture of high performance and profitability.
Change how you think about work and business. Enroll in the course today.
- Anyone who wants to practice radical honesty, build their leadership skills, and remove obstacles to innovation.
- Managers, team leaders, and executives who want to create a dynamic and effective company culture.
- Current or aspiring HR professionals who are open to questioning conventional practices in the workplace.
- This course is open to people working in all types of industries, companies, and not-for-profit organizations. Everyone can benefit from having the tools and context to design a culture of freedom and responsibility.