How to Build a Profitable Ecommerce Drop-Shipping Business
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create and operate an online store that makes $60K in profit annually
Drive traffic to their website using search engine optimization and social media strategies
Create followings of thousands of people on social media sites like Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, and Facebook
- Understand how to use Google Analytics
- Use internet marketing tools to continue building traffic and increase sales
- Write content (product pages and articles) that the search engines love
- You will need to be at least a decent writer, since you will be writing product descriptions and articles that you will use for content marketing.
- You should know how to get around on a computer, including typing, using the internet, and using a spreadsheet and word processor.
This course shows you how to build your own online store with the objective of making at least $60K in profit annually. For many people, this store can replace your current income. It can provide flexibility in your schedule and freedom from the gridlock and other problems that most people face when they are working regular 9-5 types of jobs.
This course takes a hands-on approach. It is expected that you will follow along and complete the assignments that are given to you so that you can see your store come to life. It is expected that by the time you finish the assignments in this course, you will have a store that is on its way to netting you an income of $60K.
I will use a few examples of stores I'm currently building (Custom Vinyl Decor and Online Safety Depot) from the ground up so that you can see the progress I'm making and motivate yourself to follow the formula.
Here are some of the topics you will learn about as you build your $60K store:
- How to set up a business entity
- Determining what products to sell
- Setting up dealer accounts
- Setting up hosting for your website
- Setting up a shopping cart system
- Getting a merchant account
- Publishing products on your store
- Driving traffic to your store through search engine optimization (SEO) and social media
- Fulfilling orders for your customers
This course is made up of instructions and assignments that make use of those instructions.
In order to succeed in this course, you'll need a strong desire to learn. It also is useful to know a few things about some of the following topics, but they're not absolutely necessary. If you don't already know these things, I'll provide you with the resources to learn what you need to know:
- Getting around on a computer and on the internet
- Social media: Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, etc.
- Link building
- Web design
Some of these things can also be outsourced, and I'll show you how to do that as well.
Good luck on the course.
- During this course, you will be creating your own online store. By the time you are finished with the course, you should be well on your way to having a store that makes at least $60K in profit. This course is for people who know how to use a computer, including browsers and word processors, but you don't need to be an expert at SEO, social media marketing, HTML, or the other things I am going to teach during the course. You should be able to write, be willing to learn to write well, or be willing to hire out the writing part of this course, as writing will be a significant portion of what you will be doing.
- This course is intended for people who are serious about learning by doing. It will also take some serious work to make this course valuable for yourself. If you are looking for something that is get-rich-quick and that doesn't require much learning and participation, this course is not for you. If, on the other hand, you are interested in working hard and reaping the rewards of your efforts, by all means join us.
This lecture explains the successes I've had building ecommerce businesses throughout my career.
I've built and sold businesses related to:
- outdoor products
- sporting goods
- children's specialty clothing
- medical supplies
- safety equipment
- home decor
This course explains the process I've used to do what I've done. This lecture is an introduction to the process.
Having some understanding of what your store should look like when you're making some sweet moolah should motivate you to get there.
This lecture explains the details of what a fully built and marketed ecommerce store looks like.
Building an ecommerce store that can be your full-time income takes some skills. You likely have some of these skills already, and you may need to develop new skills.
This lecture explains what skills you'll be using to build your store. Many of the activities necessary for your store can be outsourced. Having a solid understanding of what's involved in building your store allows you to know what you're up against.
I am currently building two new ecommerce stores: OnlineSafetyDepot.com and CustomVinylDecor.com.
Throughout this course, I will use these two stores as examples of how to build your own store.
OnlineSafetyDepot.com is a WordPress-based store that uses WooCommerce.
CustomVinylDecor.com uses BigCommerce, a hosted shopping cart solution.
This lecture reviews process you'll use to build and maintain your ecommerce business:
- Setting up a business entity
- Determining which products to sell
- Finding suppliers and setting up accounts
- Finding hosting and setting up a shopping cart system
- Driving traffic to your website
This lecture explains how to determine which products you want to sell in your store. It's recommended that you sell something that you're interested in. Also, selling higher dollar products ($500-$2000) usually makes it so that you can make more money per hour that you spend on your business.
- User Manuals