BPMN for business analysts
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 20 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will see how to use BPMN in practice, which elements to use and which are not so useful
You will learn how to use events in BPMN and what are the event types
You will practice how using object types for tasks and subprocesses can make your diagrams easier to understand and more powerful
- You will understand how to show the process flows with various gateways (XOR, AND, OR) and how to make sure token flows correctly
- You will master usage of pools and lanes to show collaboration in a proces, so that you never make the popular rookie mistakes
- You will learn how to easily extend your diagrams with additional information with artifacts and data objects
- If you already use a BPMN 2.0 compliant tool you can use it throughout the course but it’s not required (I’ll present you some BPMN modeling tools you can use free of charge for the purpose of this course, you can also practice using pen and paper)
Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN 2.0) is the new de facto standard for modeling processes. It can be used when you need to document your processes as a part of the project or when you need to automate them, so learning it will help your career.
Maybe you've already
spent some time trying to learn BPMN from the specification and from the
internet but still do not feel confident
about this notation? I often see that even
people with years of modeling experience really struggle when it comes to BPMN
Or are you mapping the workflow processes with flowcharts, but don't feel your process maps really improve the communication? BPMN can help here if used properly!
You will learn from this course what are the most useful elements of BPMN and how to create easy to understand and maintain process diagrams.
The course consists of several sections with video lectures, quizzes and real life mini-projects that will help you start using BPMN in no time.
I know that at first BPMN can be confusing and you may have some questions after you start using it in practice. The course is constantly updated with new content on a basis of your feedback and I will answer all your questions regarding the best ways to use BPMN.
Wondering if this course is for you? Take a look at the reviews from my students:
"Excellent course, pitched at an extremely useful level. This explains the parts of BPMN that are most useful, without diving into unnecessary complexity. It has a great mixture of videos, "take-away" summaries, and exercises. Highly recommended!"
"Efficient and effective BPM overview of the essential items you need to understand and master when using such notation. I used it as a refresher as I need to work with people using BPMN on a new project."
- People beginning Business Analyst or Process Analyst career who want to learn BPMN
- People with flowcharting experience who want to add BPMN to their toolkit
- People who want to use BPMN with confidence
After watching this video you will know why is BPMN relevant for Business Analysts.
This video introduces additional types of BPMN Gateways: Parallel (AND) and Inclusive (OR), which allow you to document more sophisticated process flows.
BPMN offers you various types of objects. After watching this video you will know the ones, which are easy to remember and explain to others and at the same time make your diagrams much easier to read.
We will cover Message, Timer and Conditional Start Events, Manual, User and Service Tasks as well as Call-Activities.
This lecture shows you what are the intermediate events and how to use them inside the process flow.