AA Music Education, BS Visual Arts Education, MS Visual Arts Education, MS Language Arts Education, Computer Endorsement, Distance Education Certification, Gifted/Talented Curriculum Development Endorsement, Reading/Literacy Endorsement
I have been teaching one thing or another off-and-on for over 34 years. I taught private music lessons for 21 years (flute and piano), swim lessons and life guarding/CPR for the Red Cross for 8 years, art teacher (HS and elementary) 5 years, music teacher (elementary) 3 years, and reading (elementary) 1 year. I currently teach the following courses online for Indiana University (10 years), Taylor University (7 years) and Indiana Wesleyan University (10 years): Music and Art history, Art Appreciation, Business Communications 1 & 2, Creative Writing, American Literature, and a professional development course for teachers: Art in the K-12 Classroom.
Take your courses with you and learn anytime, anywhere.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
Roberta Hayes, a professional flutist and teacher for over 34 years, will teach you everything you need to know about playing the flute, from the beginning to the intermediate level. This course is designed for beginners. You will start with the basics and work through a variety of lessons to get to the intermediate stage. Within a short time, you will be playing songs and melodies to impress your friends and family, as well as bring a lifetime of enjoyment to your own life.
In this lesson, you will find a video on how to find your correct embouchure and a demonstration on breath control. The supplementary material in this lesson includes:
In this lesson, you will find a video on how to hold the flute, along with a demonstration on how to finger your first two notes. The supplementary material in this lesson includes:
In this lesson, you will find a video with a demonstration on how to finger your next two notes. The supplementary material in this lesson includes:
In this lesson, you will find a video with a review of the notes learn so far, along with an introduction to the notes D, E, and F. The supplementary material in this lesson includes:
In this lesson, you will find a video with a demonstration of B flat, F sharp, and dynamics. The supplementary material in this lesson includes:
Audio tracks to get:
· Roger Kamien Music: An Appreciation, 9th Edition, McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 2008
· Anything that James Galway or Jean-Pierre Rampal is playing
· Other composers like Copland, Chopin, Bach, Beethoven, Handel, etc.
Books to get:
· Rubank’s Intermediate Level (join me for the Intermediate level of classes)
· Rubank’s Selected Duets for Flute Volumes 1 and 2
· 24 Short Concert Pieces, revised by Robert Cavally for Flute and Piano, Southern Music Company
· Sonatas by Bach and Handel (among other composers)
· Grand Exercises by P. Taffanel and P. Gaubert for flute, Alphonse Leduc, Paris
· Show tunes, band music, etc.