My name Carrie Kari, and I am an accredited educator, entrepreneur and business investor. My passion is to prepare young minds to succeed and thrive in the world of academics and business.
Today we live in the information age; a very competitive, high tech, knowledge based global economy. Even to survive, let alone thrive, you need to find your inner special ability, that which will allow you create value and contribute to your community. The premise of what I teach is simple: happiness and financial freedom comes from first understanding what you love to do, and to capitalize on it and to create value for others. Understanding how to create value for others is financial education. Financial education is the key survival skill of our generation.
I built this course for high school students and young adults who want to learn how they will create value by doing what they love. I also built this course for parents who want to help their child learn these skills and to mentor them for success.
Let’s get started on what this class will teach you:
1. Your wealth is just a measure of value you create for others. To create value you need to be able to first fuel and fund your ideas and investments: You do this by creating disposable income. This is the money that is left over after all of your expenses are paid for.
2. We will begin by reviewing the 4 paths you can take towards creating disposable income. I will walk you through the pros and cons of each of the 4 paths, so you can find a strategy that works for you.
3. Once you start earning, you will need to understand how to spend your earnings wisely. This is referred to as earnings allocation and I will give you some useful tips on this.
4. Once you have understood the ways in which You can Work for Money, you will need to go to the next major step: Making Money Work For You. This is the power of investing. We will look at the common ways in which people invest and the risks and rewards for each category so YOU can find an investment strategy that works for you.
5. If your ideas are big and you need more money to get started than you can earn, you will need to raise capital. So, in the final section we will learn how to raise capital to fund your investments.
What this course will not teach you:
1. This course is not a practical or hands on course that dives deep into how to use tools to make investments.
2. This course is also not an investment strategy course, so we will not look at any particular stocks, bonds, or any other investment vehicles.
3. There will be more courses following this class that will teach you the practical steps. This class is a beginner’s class that introduces several important key concepts that you need to know in order to get started.
Finally remember what this is all about; I want you to not only survive, but also succeed and thrive in this very competitive world. And you can do this by pursuing what you love, understanding how to leverage the power of investment and creating value for others you attain financial freedom. Ok, with that in mind let’s get started with the class.
Hey guys! I just wanted to introduce myself a little bit. In this section you will learn a little bit about me and what this class will and will not teach you. I know that your time is valuable and I am so grateful that you are here. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message.
In this lecture you will be introduced to the 4 paths that you can take in life. Each one of these paths are represented by 4 characters who have likes and dislikes for the paths that they have chosen in life. Each one has it's own rewards and risks. Your job is to learn to do what you love and love what you do by learning how to figure out what career path you want to take.
Finding a career that you love is the most important thing that you can do. Take time out and examine the four characters to see which one you would like to pursue. No pressure, you can always move paths if it isn't the one for you. Getting started on finding a job you love is a journey, not a destination.
I love this category personally, but you need to really understand the risks that come with it. This path can be the most exciting, but the most challenging in the beginning. If this is the path you chose, you will have a lot of fun! However, you will have to work really hard and make sacrifices to get what you want.
Being a business owner takes a lot of guts. You must understand the risks that go along with this path. Know that you will encounter challenges, but get a power team working for you to help navigate them and you will be a lot better off.
It is my believe that everyone at one point or another should be on this path is some capacity. Education is the key to being successful on this path. Get as much financial education as you can and you will rock it! That's not to say you won't have losses, but you will be armed with the tools to help negate them as best as possible.
Hey guys! Remember, do what you love and love what you do and the money will follow. Know the risks and rewards for each category and don't be afraid of making mistakes. Most of us learn through mistakes...enjoy life. Have fun. And go for it!
In this section you will learn about earnings allocation and what disposable income is and why it's important to your financial education. Being able to master this section will allow you to become successful in whatever path you chose. No matter what path you chose, if you can't be disciplined to follow through on saving for your future you won't get very far on your path.
Having disposable income is your key to financial freedom! Learn the power of saving and investing.
After you are done with this section of Power of Investing that go along with it you will the risks and rewards know the solutions to avoid some of the risks.
Every investment has its own special risks and rewards. Combat this with financial education!
This section is a quick review of what you learned in this class. It is perfect to go over it and remember the key concepts that you need to know to get started on your financial journey. Don't forget to check out the 10 week action plan!
Carrie Kari is an accredited educator and entrepreneur whose passion in life is to prepare young minds to succeed and thrive in the world of academics and business. As an educator Carrie has taught in the United States and internationally, emphasizing active learning, independent thinking and individual leadership. Carrie's conviction is that financial education is the modern day survival skill for our children. Carrie has embarked on developing a course in financial education for young adults called Smart Decisions. Carrie draws upon her endless supply of energy, enthusiasm and business savvy to create a unique and custom tailored education experience for young minds of today.