- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of animation.
Create simple animations that use the core principles such as: squash & stretch and drag & overlap.
Hand draw animations frame by frame to fully understand movement.
- Apply everything they learn to all future animation projects.
- A computer and drawing tablet
- Basic knowledge of any computer 2d animation software, the course uses Flash (which is now called Animate CC).
If you have never animated in 2D before but always wanted to try or just want to polish your skills, this course is a great way to learn the foundational
principles in a fast and fun way. If you ever wondered how or why an animation goes from passable to professional to perfect then this is the course for you. Understanding these basics will give you the skills to make fun and eye catching animation using nothing more than a single line.
This course is designed so you take one step at a time starting with spacing and easing then later moving on to the principles of drag and overlap. The final task will be hand drawing the legs of a walk cycle. The software used is Flash (now called Animate CC) but you can adapt these principles to any 2D animation software. The advantage with this animation workout is that it does not require drawing skills, if you can draw a line you can start animating straight away!
- Beginner animators and hobbyists. No experience required.
Starting with the most fundamental principal, you will learn how to time your animations.
Easing makes animation come to life and adds real or exaggerated physics to your movement and sells it to the audience.