- Learn about how personality traits influence our own behavior and the behavior of other peple
- A desire to learn about and more fully understand personality psychology
**WELCOME TO AN INTRODUCTION TO PERSONALITY PSYCHOLOGY: THE BIG 5 TRAITS**
This short course is designed to introduce you to the world of personality psychology. It has been tailored to provide a detailed introduction for anyone who is curious about the topic. No previous psychology knowledge or training is required.
In this course, you will learn about modern day personality psychology with a focus on the Big 5 Traits. This personality model is the most dominant and commonly explored personality theory in psychology. The model is comprised of 5 unique traits which are believed to capture most of what we call 'Personality'.
This Big 5 Traits Include:
In this course, you will complete lectures on:
- An Overview of Personality
- An Overview of the Big 5 Traits
- Separate Lectures on each Big 5 Trait
- A Lecture on Personality Change
In addition, you will have the opportunity to take a short personality test to see how your personality scores compare to a larger group of people.
This course is taught by two trained psychologists and university Assistant Professors. Dr. Daniel McGrath has a PhD in Experimental Psychology and Dr. Yannick Griep has a PhD in Applied and Experimental Psychology. This course will serve as the starting point for a series of online courses which explore how personality and psychology affect our behavior, how other people behave, and how these factors influence settings such as the workplace.
We see this course as an excellent starting point in your journey to learn more about human psychology! We are excited to offer it and hope that you will enroll!
Thank you very much
Dr. Daniel McGrath
Dr. Yannick Griep
- Anyone who wants to have a greater understanding of personality including their own personality