Acting for Film, Television and Theatre: Introductory Course
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create characters using a powerful, dynamic, simple and authentic technique.
Break open a script or monologue from any acting medium.
Build confidence as an actor and performer.
- Audition with more autheniticiy and power.
- Have an in-depth understanding of what's required for complete and compelling character analysis.
- You should be familiar with either Microsoft Word or Pages and I recommend following along with a monologue or scene choice of your own, but this is not required.
Jeffrey Meek's Acting for Film, Television and Theatre is a powerful step-by-step course to guide actors from the script to the screen and stage, creating fully realized, dynamic and authentic characters.
Whether you are preparing a television audition, playing Shakespeare or just starting out, Jeff offers a simple way to break open your characters and bring out your best performance. Learn from one of Hollywood's successful professionals who is determined and prepared to lead you toward your highest goals as an actor.
The course is structured so that each lecture addresses a specific requirement in breaking open a character. Following each lecture is a screenshot lesson to give specific examples of each step so you clearly understand how to apply the lesson to your own script. There is also a short quiz to help review the major concepts following each lecture. It's recommended but not required to follow along with your own monologue or scene. The course should take no more than several hours to complete.
Jeffrey Meek has over 36 years experience as a professional actor, writer, director, and acting teacher in virtually every genre. Jeff currently teaches classes at his studios in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara, California, as well as, privately online via Skype with students from all over the world. As the lead actor in many movies, five television series, scores of episodic television and over a hundred stage plays and musicals, Jeff has had the privilege to work with hundreds of actors, playing opposite such greats as Academy Award winners Denzel Washington and Mickey Rourke to Bonnie Hunt, Kurt Russell, Kelly McGillis and Matthew Morrison. Jeff has learned from some of the greatest directors and studied with the best coaches in the entertainment business, and is here to share his wealth of acting knowledge with you.
- Acting for Film, Television and Theatre is meant for anyone interested in more effective acting from beginning to advanced actors looking for more power and authenticity in their work and auditions.
- This course is for anyone who wants to be better at the craft of acting, not for actors looking for ways to break into show business.