- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 24 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Gain wisdom for living from key biblical texts Prof. N.T. Wright has chosen to explain.
Engage with Old Testament and New Testament texts that provide guidance for life's problems and opportunities.
Embrace the nuances of important parts of the Bible from the life, experience, and scholarship of Prof. N.T. Wright.
- Wrestle with questions that are paired with these Essential Biblical Texts to encourage thinking.
- Help determine what actually is 'Essential' in life's journey.
- This course only requires a desire to learn about the Bible. No other materials are required.
- Be eager to look for what is 'Essential' for a full and fulfilling life with God and with others.
No matter where we are on our spiritual journey, we all need guidance through life’s challenges. In this engaging video series, we invite you to explore the wisdom found in 15 key Biblical texts you can use to bring deeper meaning to your life.
Hosted by Professor N.T. Wright, this video series examines the impact each of these critical Old and New Testament texts had on his own life, and how the lessons contained within can help you improve your relationship with God, too.
- Anyone interested in creating a more meaningful life through Biblical wisdom
- Clergy looking for resources or inspiration to enhance their sermons and other work in the church, as well as their personal ongoing spiritual journey
- Religious scholars looking to further their own research and studies or supplement their lectures and lessons
- Fans of N.T. Wright interested in an inside look at the 15 Old and New Testament texts that have meant the most to Professor Wright’s own spiritual development
At the end of each section you will find a list of seven questions to help you engage with the material Prof. Wright presented in his lectures. The purpose of these questions is to provide you with the opportunity for personal reflection, or to help you think more deeply about what you are learning. They are in no specific order, and you do not need to answer them all. The questions are intended to help you engage with the material and to assist your own further study. The goal is that as the Spirit renews our minds, we will be able to practically apply this knowledge to our lives.
We also invite you to pick one or two of these probing questions and share your insights or questions in the Q&A section of the course. The purpose of this discussion forum is to help further your understanding of the course material, and for the building up of the body of Christ.
While viewing the course, you can access the Q&A section by following these steps:
-Click ‘Go to Dashboard’ in the upper-right corner.
-Locate the ‘Course Content’ heading and click the triple bar menu icon on the right margin.
-Select ‘Q&A’ and then ‘Ask a new question.’